All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book to explore an emerging field (small nations) from the point of view of theatre and performance. It draws upon a particularly wide range of national contexts. It includes chapters written by widely published experts in the field. Arguing that the cultures of small nations offer vital insights into the way people relate to national identity in a globalized world, Theatre & Performance in Small Nations features an array of case studies that examine the relationships between theatre, performance, identity, and the nation. These contributions cover a wide range of national contexts, including small 'stateless' nations such as Catalonia, Scotland, and Wales; First Nations such as indigeus Australia and the Lati United States; and geographically ermous nations whose relationships with powerful neighbours radically affect their sense of cultural automy.
- Author BiographySteve Blandford is professor of theatre, film, and television, and director of the Centre for the Study of Media and Culture in Small Nations at the University of Glamorgan.
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication17/12/2012
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Weight363 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited bySteve Blandford
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.