All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat happens to politics when it takes the form of theatre? How has theatre both exploited and undermined politics both in society and on the stage? Theatre& Politics explores the complex relationship between theatre and politics, questioning some of the assumptions that often arise when they are brought together. Challenging ideas about 'entertainment' and 'communication', the book draws on a broad range of key writing from Plato to Ranciere, and theatrical examples from Shakespeare and his adaptors through Peter Handke to debbie tucker green.
- Author BiographyJOE KELLEHER is Professor of Theatre and Performance at Roehampton University, UK. He co-edited Contemporary Theatres in Europe: A Critical Companion (2006) and is the co-author of The Theatre of Societas Raffaello Sanzio (2007).
- Author(s)Joe Kelleher
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/06/2009
- SubjectThe Arts: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTheatre and
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight78 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine7 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.