All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.23
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.23
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a leading authority on the subject, this book provides students with an introduction to the theory and practice of Theatre for Development. Since the 1970s, TfD has established itself as a process through which communities can address issues within their own self-development through participation in theatre practice. From its beginnings in sub-Saharan Africa, the Indian sub-continent and Latin America, TfD has w spread across the globe as an effective development strategy. The author examines TfD within the context of evolving development theories and practices, including participatory approaches that encourage individuals and communities to transform themselves from the objects into the subjects of their own development. The book is illustrated with case studies taken from around the world, and from many different development sectors, including health, literacy and voter education. This book is recommended to academics and students in the fields of theatre and development, development planning, cultural practice, performance theory, theatre and politics.
- Author BiographyDr Kees Epskamp was a senior staff member of the National UNESCO Commission, Netherlands. He also acted as consultant to the Utrecht School of the Arts (1994-2002) and external examiner for the Theatre for Development MA course at King Alfred's University College, UK (2000-2002).
- Author(s)Kees Epskamp
- PublisherZed Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2006
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintZed Books Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.