All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn Theatre in Ancient Greek Society the author examines the social setting and function of ancient Greek theatre through the thousand years of its performance history. Instead of using written sources, which were intended only for a small, educated section of the population, he draws most of his evidence from a wide range of archaeological material - from cheap, mass-produced vases and figurines to elegant silverware produced for the dining tables of the wealthy. This is the first study examining the function and impact of the theatre in ancient Greek society by employing an archaeological approach.
- Author(s)J. R. Green
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/06/1996
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note87 b&w photos, 24 line drawings, bibliography, index
- Weight612 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.