All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionTheatre in Passing explores spaces of performance in contemporary Moscow. Inspired by French philosopher Michel de Certeau's model of a 'second, poetic geography' in which the walker - the everyday practitioner - invents the space observed by the voyeur, this book takes the reader on a tour of spaces of performance in contemporary Moscow. Through text and photography, the city's 'theatrical geography's is uncovered, from the Bolshoi Theater in Theater Square to hidden gems like the recently restored Kuskovo estate. With additional sections on street theater and other public gatherings, Theatre in Passing is a must-read book for anyone curious about the theatrical architecture and geography of Russia's capital.
- Author BiographyElena Siemens is a professor in the Department of Modern Languages and Cultural Studies, University of Alberta, Canada.
- Author(s)Elena Siemens
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Width240 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.