All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.20Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $44.56
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis title covers world theatres and spaces of performance. It features original photography; broad appeal: can be marketed as a guide to theatres; scholarly appeal: critical inquiry into overlooked area deserving attention. This book discusses spaces of performance from formal opera houses to parks and graffiti around the world and is a companion to Theatre in Passing: A Moscow Photo-Diary . Drawing once again on Michel de Certeau's tion of a 'second poetic geography,' this new volume examines prominent theatrical destinations - New York, London and Paris - along with others that are often overlooked, including Canada, Mexico and Turkey. In addition to indoor theatres, the book covers a variety of outdoor theatrical spaces, as well as street theatre. Like its predecessor, Theatre in Passing 2 is richly illustrated with photographs by the author and provides fascinating insights into the intersection of performing arts, visual culture and photography.
- Author Biography(E)lena K. Siemens is associate professor of modern languages and cultural studies at the University of Alberta. She is the author of Theatre in Passing: A Moscow Photo-Diary.
- Author(s)Elena Siemens
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication17/02/2015
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width170 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.