Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- Description'Thee Needs Killing Marly' Driving to work, skilled, San Jose Internist and Addiction Specialist, Richard Drinkwater is ambushed and shot in the shoulder by a masked man; fortunately, one with poor aim. Police are stymied. The doc soon suspects one of his patients, Marly Doan, a successful but cocaine-addicted and paraid defense attorney who thinks his doc gave confidential, medical information to a legal panel resulting in disbarment and criminal charges. In addition to pain, terror and rage over this event, Drinkwater is already enduring a significant episodic depression . After a bungled diagsis, his wife-also a defense attorney- battles ovarian cancer. It becomes clear Doan has business connections to a complex and omius Central American drug cartel. Aggressive actions and threats continue. The police attempt inadequate protection. Drinkwater won't hide and is reluctant to arm himself because being raised a Quaker made him a staunch pacifist who loathes and fears guns. The doc's general mood and thinking improve and, encouraged by a realistic wife, he reluctantly hires a teacher, buys and learns how to use his gun and masters defensive tactics. He joins his wife in waging Righteous War on their two foes.
- Author(s)David Breithaupt MD
- Date of Publication23/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.