Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe path from Europe to Africa has been much travelled in literature but rarely in such an evocative, nuanced, and even playful way as in N.S. Koenings's THEFT. Here are five seductive tales that move with grace and subtlety between the two continents and reveal with insight and wit that what seem to be very separate worlds are t so far apart after all. In 'Pearls to Swine', a lonely childless socialite invites her American goddaughter to spend the summer in her mansion. In 'Wondrous Strange', a spirit medium is haunted by the ghost of an ancient African djinn. In 'Setting Up Shop', a young Zanzibari woman dreams of traveling to the U.S., even as a local entrepeneur courts her relentlessly, even promising to leave his other wives for her.
- Author BiographyN.S. Koenings holds a B.A. in African Studies from Bryn Mawr College and a Ph.D. in socio-cultural anthropology from Indiana University, where she also completed her M.F.A. in fiction. She currently teaches at Hampshire College.
- Author(s)N.S. Koenings
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication03/04/2008
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Out-of-print date28/10/2009
- Weight250 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.39Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.44
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.