Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.00+ AU $1.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by manyhills
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionI don't kw if my story is grand eugh to be a tragedy, although a lot of shitty stuff did happen. It is certainly a love story but that did t begin until midway through the shitty stuff, by which time I had t only lost my 8-year-old son, but also my house and studio in Sydney where I had once been as famous as a painter could expect in his own backyard ' So begins Peter Carey's highly charged, recklessly funny new vel. Narrated by artist Butcher Bones and his 'damaged 220 lb brother' Hugh, it recounts their adventures and troubles after Butcher's plummeting prices and spiralling drink problem force them to retreat from Sydney to rthern New South Wales. Here the formerly famous artist is reduced to acting as caretaker for his patron and nurse to his idiot-savant brother. Then mysterious American beauty Marlene turns up one stormy night, clad in a pair of Malo Blahniks. Claiming that the brothers' neighbour owns an original Jacques Liebovitz, she sets in motion a chain of events that could be the making or ruin of them all. A truly brilliant vel - an act of fantastic writing bravura from Peter Carey, in which he once again displays his extraordinary flair for lan
- Author BiographyPeter Carey is the multi-award-winning author of eight novels, plus two highly acclaimed collections of short stories and a memoir, Wrong About Japan. His books have won or been short-listed for every major literary award in Australia. He has won the Booker Prize twice - in 2001 for True History of the Kelly Gang and in 1988 for Oscar and Lucinda. In 1998 he won the Commonwealth Writers' Prize for Jack Maggs, and again in 2001 for True History of the Kelly Gang . In 2007 he won the NSW Premier's Award and the Victorian Premier's Award for Theft- A Love Story. Born in Bacchus Marsh, Victoria, Peter Carey now lives in New York.
- Author(s)Peter Carey
- PublisherRandom House Australia
- Date of Publication02/07/2007
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationMilsons Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2007
- ImprintVintage (Australia)
- Weight234 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.