Them and Us: Changing Britain - Why We Need a Fair Society by Will Hutton (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.95+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe suddenness and depth of the recession has raised questions about the workability of capitalism t seen since the 1930s. One of the constraints on recovery is the growing belief that if the old model did t work there is new one on offer. This book sets out to provide one, arguing that reconstructing a bust financial system is t just a technical question. It cant be done without a wholescale revision of the wider system and values on which it is based. And fairness must be placed at the heart of the new capitalism if our society is to recover its values. Will Hutton's new book musters brilliant, convincing arguments which will lend favour on both right and left. It is set to be a book which captures the mood of the moment in the same way that THE STATE WE'RE IN did.
- Author BiographyWill Hutton is principal of Hertford College, Oxford and columnist for the OBSERVER, where he was editor, then editor-in-chief for four years. He began his career in journalism as economics correspondent for the BBC's NEWSNIGHT and for the GUARDIAN.
- Author(s)Will Hutton
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication16/06/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight322 g
- Width131 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.