All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $30.79
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.46
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $22.93
- AU $18.21Trending at AU $22.12
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.05
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $13.71
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $14.10
About this product
- DescriptionDonald and Molly MacDonald clear a valley deep in the Oregon Coast Range. in doing so, they must remove the trees that fill the valley. The trees are felled, split or sawed into lumber and shipped out of the valley. As the years pass, their family grows, nine sons. Many table characters populate the valley and the town that grows there. Mills are raised and a great timber empire emerges. All the sons become a part of the growing empire and direct portions of its operations. They marry and have families that enrich the lives of Donald and Molly.
- Author BiographyGlenn Knight was born September 23, 1928 in Hallett, Oklahoma. His family lived through the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl years in Oklahoma. They moved to Oregon in 1937 where his father continued farming. Knight learned not only farming but also the vast beaches and lakes that make up the Oregon Coast, and the hills and forests that lie there. Knight graduated from Coquille High School in 1947 and married Patricia Hurlbutt soon after. They began a family and to suport his family, Knight farmed, worked the woods, worked the sawmills and plywood plants that abounded in southern Oregon He entered Linfield College in McMinnville in 1952 and graduated in 1956. He was already writing short fiction and poetry. He began a thirty-four-year career teaching English, theatre, and speech at Dallas High School. He continued his education, receiving his Masters Degree from Oregon College of Education, then went on to receive more than sixty hours beyond the Masters Degree, most of which were in writing of some sort. Knight's writing is often lyrical, the characters vibrant and the plots solid. Often a reader will linger for a time over a passage.
- Author(s)Glenn Knight
- Date of Publication14/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.