All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThe title Ambassador conjures up images of a gentleman with a chauffeur-driven limousine, flanked at plush cocktail parties by his perfect wife, who rmally handles state dinners, tea parties, and flower arrangements. S^D'ephocle shows how this picture changes completely when the ambassador happens to be a woman, and how the role of the spouse of the ambassador changes as a result. Then, They Were Twelve is a historical account of the Washington diplomatic scene of the late 1990s, when the number of women ambassadors reached the double digits for the first time. Sephocle provides a series of candid and stimulating conversations with the women ambassadors about their lives, their work, and the struggle for the advancement of women in their countries. These women of state from various corners of the globe demonstrate a unique approach to diplomacy. This book will be of great interest to scholars, researchers, students, and the concerned reader involved with diplomacy and women's studies.
- Author BiographyMARILYN SEPHOCLE is Associate Professor of German at Howard University. Professor Sephocle has served with the United Nations and worked as a business consultant in the field of cross-cultural human resource management. She has published articles on cultural and social contributions of people of African descent in Europe, particularly in Germany. She is also author of Die Rezeption der Negritude in Deutschland, written in German, focused on the German critique of major African and Caribbean writers.
- Author(s)Marilyn Sephocle
- Date of Publication30/09/2000
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight518 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.