Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.33+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionAuthor of the best-selling book The Elements Theodore Gray demonstrates essential scientific principles through thrilling daredevil experiments. 'What a magnificent book. It's gorgeous, playful, and draws you in.' ?Adam Savage, cohost of Mythbusters 'Theodore Gray?has attained a level of near superhuman geekery that the rest of us can only mutely admire.' ?Cecil Adams, 'TheStraight Dope' 'Gray's encyclopedic kwledge and contagious enthusiasm transport us to deep intellectual realms while never sacrificing a sense of wonder and, above all, fun.' ?Oliver Sacks, author of Awakenings, Musicophilia, and Uncle Tungsten: Memories of a Chemical BoyhoodIn Mad Science, Theodore Gray launches a toy rocket using the energy released from an Oreo cookie, ignites a phosphorus sun by suspending half a gram of white phosphorus in a globe filled with pure oxygen and creates a homemade hot tub by adding 500 pounds of quicklime to water. These are just a few of the 54 experiments included in this astonishing book that demonstrates essential scientific principles in ways you were likely never exposed to in school. Every experiment in Mad Science is accompanied by full-color photographs that provide a front-row seat to rarely seen chemical reactions and glorious subatomic activity. To further enhance the hands-on experience, Gray includes step-by-step instructions for nearly every experiment. Following all of the safety guidelines, readers can even re-create some of the experiments in the book. Mad Science is the perfect book for anyone fascinated by all things chemical, electrical, or explosive, and who loves a vicarious thrill.
- Author BiographyTheodore Gray is the author of The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe; Theo Gray's Mad Science: Experiments You Can Do At Home, But Probably Shouldn't; Mad Science 2: Experiments You Can Do At Home, But Still Probably Shouldn't; and Popular Science magazine's 'Gray Matter' column. With his company Touch Press, Gray is the developer of best-selling iPad and iPhone apps, including The Elements, Solar System, Disney Animated, The Orchestra, The Waste Land, and Skulls by Simon Winchester. He lives in Urbana, Illinois.Theodore Gray is the author of the bestselling book The Elements: A Visual Exploration of Every Known Atom in the Universe and Theo Gray's Mad Science: Experiments You Can Do At Home, But Probably Shouldn't. He is the author of Popular Science magazine's monthly column, 'Gray Matter' and the proprietor of periodictable.com. He is also cofounder of Touch Press, an ebook company that is defining the future of publishing, and the cofounder of Wolfram Research, creators of the world's leading technical software system, Mathematica(c) and Wolfram ? AlphaT. He lives in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois.
- Author(s)Theodore W. Gray
- PublisherBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlack Dog & Leventhal Publishers Inc
- Content Note450 full colour photographs
- Weight1106 g
- Width238 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine21 mm
Most relevant reviews
- whitey4laura26 May, 2016by
Exciting incite into science
My 11 year old son absolutely loves the book and may others by Theo Gray.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.