All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $18.75
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $18.49
- AU $14.96Trending at AU $23.26
- AU $9.34Trending at AU $15.64
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $14.56
- AU $10.15Trending at AU $11.84
- AU $20.68Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionTheo Truerman a 12 year old boy is about to find the truth about his parents disappearance, brought up by his Aunt Felicity in a little town called St Buryan, he receives an urgent letter from his cousin Archie to come to the family villa in Andalucia Spain, little does Theo kw that his life is about to change for ever, go with him on his mysterious journey and meet the animals who are believed to be extinct but reside in the Villa gardens, and see the many magical and mythical beings he meets on his quest to find his parents, be amazed as Theo learns his new powers and his new way to travel the whole world within moments but beware of dark clouds gathering above you, as you never kw who may be laying in wait...
- Author BiographyMy name is Janet I was born June 1963 in Shropshire Shrewsbury, the daughter of a farm manager, moving to Garston in Liverpool at a very young age, I attended several schools to where my passion for writing was first discovered, when I won a poetry competition aged 8, when I left school I continued my passion for writing part time while working as a shop manager, and training as a dancer before deciding on a career in theatre I studied at The Liverpool Theatre School where I was encouraged to take up acting, here I discovered script writing and wrote several plays, which were performed at various places around Liverpool, including a children's comedy pantomime 'Cinderella in space' which was good fun, as where the events at the annual Garston Carnival when my imagination could really take hold (sadly these events no longer happen). My interest in nature came when I was young girl I had a picture book the A-Z of animals when it came to the letter Q the animal was Quagga this I had never heard of before but it captured my imagination I found out about other animals I had also never heard of and to my dismay I discovered the reason I had never heard of a Quagga was because it was now extinct, I looked into this further I felt such a sadness I wanted to do something about it but never knew what. As time went on I forgot about their plight and continued on with my life, I had given birth to my son and he was and still is my first priority. A couple of years ago I was forced to finish work due to ill health, not one for being idle I decided I had to do something, I tried several things but my body fought against me all the way, that was when I decided I would write my book and remembered the book with the Quagga in from all them years ago, as an animal lover I was encouraged to highlight the plight of not just animals but plants and places of great natural beauty that was systematically being destroyed by humans, children are the future of this planet so as a book had left such an imprint on me from a small child then a children's book was ideal I created a character that would be responsible for the welfare of all, a young boy destined to become Mother Nature who can use magic from the earths very core to save those animals and plants etcetera in the most peril and house them safely in magical gardens that can adapt to the ideal environment until the day the Earth can once again be safe for all, therefore Theo Truerman and the Gardens of Extinction was born.
- Author(s)J P Berryman
- Date of Publication08/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.