All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $33.19
About this product
- DescriptionThis handsome catalogue presents the Dutch artist Theo Van Doesburg (1883-1931) as a madic propagandist on a quest for a new aesthetic that, in conjunction with contemporary science and techlogy, sought to reform the world. Van Doesburg was a central figure of the De Stijl movement, characterized by a pared-down aesthetic centered in basic visual elements such as geometric shapes and primary colors, and this book highlights the artist's collaborations with other leading members, including Piet Mondrian, Bart van der Leck, and Georges Vantongerloo. It also traces the stylistic trajectory of the artist's career from his Neo-Plasticist and Dadaist creations to his Elementarist and Conrete artworks and brings together art, architecture, cinema, poetry, literature, design, and typography to illuminate Van Doesburg's enduring contributions to De Stijl.
- Author BiographyGladys C. Fabre is an art historian, curator, and author specializing in 20th-century modernity and the avant-gardes.
- Author(s)Gladys Fabre
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication05/04/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note150 color illus.
- Weight1870 g
- Width241 mm
- Height305 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.