All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $108.60
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the twentieth century's best theological ethicists, Heinz Eduard Todt personally experienced the struggle of Nazi Germany that so shaped Bonhoeffer. Todt said that the further he went, the closer he got to Bonhoeffer. In Authentic Faith he clarifies major dimensions of Bonhoeffer's ethics with precision and enables us to enter personally into the political, ecclesiastical, and family context in which Bonhoeffer wrote. Todt first discusses Bonhoeffer's theology and ethics formed during his own tumultuous time and then focuses on how they can inform and influence contemporary history. Todt especially concerns himself with the present tasks in theology and in the church, clearing a path for understanding our lives through theology's eyes and drawing us toward the ethical wisdom we need to navigate the ideological struggles of our own time. Authentic Faith shows an understanding of Bonhoeffer's spirit that makes this book a must for the shelves of any Bonhoeffer scholar and all students of social and theological ethics.
- Author BiographyHeinz Eduard Todt (1918 - 1988) taught at the University of Heidelberg, Germany. He published extensive works in German, many of which have been translated into English.
- Author(s)Heiz Eduard Todt
- PublisherWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationGrand Rapids
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam B Eerdmans Publishing Co
- Weight413 g
- Width152 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.