All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionTraditional theorem painting involves making multiple-overlay stencils and using them to paint primitive, three-dimensional pictures on velvet. In this book, acclaimed painter Linda E Brubaker offers expert advice on selecting tools and materials, making stencils, mounting velvet, and mixing colours, along with painting exercises and tips for removing mistakes. Step-by-step instructions and patterns are provided for 9 complete projects, including designs for fruits, flowers, a butterfly, a mallard duck, and a bucolic memorial scene. Techniques for attractive and safe framing are also discussed.
- Author BiographyLinda E. Brubaker lives in Lititz, Pennsylvania, and has been creating theorem paintings for more than 30 years. A juried member of both the Historical Society of Early American Decoration and the Pennsylvania Guild of Craftsmen, she has been selected as one of the top 200 traditional craftsmen by Early American Life magazine.
- Author(s)Linda E. Brubaker
- PublisherStackpole Books
- Date of Publication08/07/2009
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationMechanicsburg, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStackpole Books
- Content Notecolour illus
- Weight1075 g
- Width235 mm
- Height285 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.