All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.11
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.70
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.86
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.21
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.28
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.64
About this product
- DescriptionIn the fall of 1983, we began to organize a symposium entitled General Social Psychological Theories of Group Behavior. Our goal was to encourage the extension and application of basic current social psychology to group behavior. The symposium was presented in the spring of 1984 at the Eastern Psychological Association convention in Baltimore and the interest that it generated led to discussions with colleagues and friends about similar efforts by social psychologists, eventually resulting in the present book. Some clarification about the contents is in order. First, the theories presented here are clearly social psychological in scope and level of analysis, as discussed in the Introduction (Chapter 1). However, we are t trying to encompass sociological, anthropological, political, or historical theoretical approaches to group behavior. Second, while the theories comprise a wide-ranging and representative, if t quite exhaustive, selection of social psychological theories of group behavior, there are some interesting and general perspectives that are t represented. For example, one perspective that is conspicuous by its absence is some variant of learning theory. Aside from the rare, table exception (e.g., Buss, 1979), little work currently is being done on group behavior from a learning theoretic perspective. Our inclusion or exclusion of a theory reflects our judgment regarding its currency and accessibility to social psychological researchers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication02/10/2011
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Social Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight410 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byBrian Mullen,George Goethals
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.