All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWorkplace and professional learning, lifelong learning, adult learning, learning in different contexts have become of more and more interest and w dominate all aspects of 21st century life. Learning is longer about 'storing and recall' but 'development and flow'. Theories of Learning in the Workplace offers fascinating overviews into some of the most important theories of learning and how they are practically applied to organisational or workplace learning. With each chapter co-authored by an academic researcher and an expert in business or industry, this unique book provides practical case studies combined with thorough analysis of theories and models of learning. Key figures in education, psychology and cognitive science present a comprehensive range of conceptual perspectives on learning theory, offering a wealth of new insights to support invative research directions. Containing overviews of theories from Schon, Argyris, Senge, Engestrom, Billet, Ericsson, Kolb, Boud and Mezirow, this book discusses: * adult learning; * workplace learning; * informal learning; * reflective practice; * experiential learning; * deliberate practice; * organisational and inter-organisational expansive learning. Combining theory and practice, this book will be essential reading for all trainee and practicing educational psychologists, organisational psychologists, researchers and students in the field of lifelong learning, educational policy makers, students, researchers and teachers in vocational and higher education.
- Author BiographyFilip Dochy is Professor of Research on Learning & Development and Corporate Training at the University of Leuven, Belgium. He is founding editor of the Educational Research Review and a member of the EARLI Executive Committee. He is also a Special Professor of Educational Innovation & IT at Maastricht University, the Netherlands. David Gijbels is Assistant Professor of Learning and Instruction at the University of Antwerp, Belgium. He is Associate Editor of Educational Research Review and coordinator of EARLI's special interest group on Learning and Professional Development. Mien Segers is Professor of Corporate Learning in the Department of Educational Research and Development at the Maastricht University School of Business and Economics, the Netherlands. She is also Series Editor for the EARLI book series, New Perspectives on Learning and Instruction. Piet Van den Bossche is Assistant Professor at the University of Antwerp, Belgium, and at Maastricht University, the Netherlands.
- Author(s)David Gijbels,Filip Dochy,Mien Segers,Piet van den Bossche
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication17/06/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleRoutledge Psychology in Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 6 black & white tables, 12 black & white line drawings
- Weight272 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.52Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.