All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.35Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.39
- AU $28.60Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $70.35Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $74.12Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $35.47Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.59
About this product
- DescriptionWhile sustainability has become a buzzword in discussions about the environment and development, work on theories of sustainable development has received much less attention. However, theory is vital as understanding the origins and development of the concept is the key to achieving successful implementation of sustainability. This book offers an interdisciplinary collection of research articles on the theories of sustainable development, drawing on a wide range of subjects including history, politics, governance, complex systems, ecomics and philosophy. It advocates viewing sustainable development t only as the establishment of a permanent, globally practicable and future-capable mode of life and ecomics, but as a complex array of problems involving a wide range of social-scientific and humanistic disciplines. This invative approach means that the book is oriented toward current problems, t toward the established academic boundaries, and it draws out lessons that are relevant for those studying and working in sustainability across the world. This book will be of great interest to researchers and students of sustainable development and environmental politics, as well as practitioners working with sustainable development in politics, business, administration, and civil society organizations.
- Author BiographyJudith C. Enders is a member of the study group Global Issues of the German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP). She was Senior Researcher at the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies in Potsdam, Germany, and is now conducting freelance social research. Moritz Remig is a Researcher at the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies in Potsdam, Germany, and a PhD candidate at the University of Kassel, Germany.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/11/2014
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in Sustainable Development
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byJudith C. Enders,Moritz Remig
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.