Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $25.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.38Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionSylvia Walby provides an overview of recent theoretical debates -- Marxism, radical and liberal feminism, post--structuralism and dual systems theory. She shows how each can be applied to a range of substantive topics from paid work, housework and the state, to culture, sexuality and violence, relying on the most up--to--date empirical findings. Arguing that patriarchy has been vigorously adaptable to the changes in womena s position, and that some of womena s hard--won social gains have been transformed into new traps, Walby proposes a combination of class analysis with radical feminist theory to explain gender relations in terms of both patriarchal and capitalist structure.
- Author BiographySylvia Walby has been involved in developing Womena s Studies courses nationally and in Europe, and is founding Director of Womena s Studies Research Centre at Lancaster. She is the author of several books.
- Author(s)Sylvia Walby
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/1990
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight384 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.