All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This introductory book is really worth buying. It is accessible without being patronizing. It stimulates thought without using rhetoric. It offers exciting content on methods and techniques without being arrogant' - Organization Studies In this introduction to theory and method, students of organization will find a comprehensive view of the key theories in their field, combined with a toolkit of guidelines linking these to the different methods available for analyzing and interpreting organizational life. Distinguishing 'the external society' and the 'internal society', Antonio Strati sheds light on the different contexts that shape organizational life and the different levels of analysis that may be used. By showing the many levels at which organizations function and can be understood this book provides an invaluable introduction to analysis and research for advanced students. Recent concepts such as 'the organization as hypertext'; 'communities of practice'; 'tacit kwledge'; and organizational learning; are explored as ways of approaching organizations: this book shows how to link such approaches to appropriate methodologies in order to achieve insightful analysis.
- Author BiographyAntonio Strati is the author of Organization and Aesthetics (Sage, 1999). He s a researcher and lecturer at the Faculty of Sociology at the University of Trento, Italy, and he also lectures at the University of Siena.
- Author(s)Antonio Strati
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication25/05/2000
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.