All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIncorporating the thinking, feeling, and behaving dimensions of human experience, the tenth edition of Corey's best-selling text helps you compare and contrast the therapeutic models expressed in counseling theories. Corey introduces you to the major theories (psychoanalytic, Adlerian, existential, person-centered, Gestalt, reality, behavior, cognitive-behavior, family systems, feminist, postmodern, and integrative approaches) and demonstrates how each theory can be applied to two cases ( Stan and Gwen ). He shows you how to apply theories in practice, and helps you learn to integrate the theories into an individualized counseling style. New learning objectives identify key aspects of each theory and focus your study. This book anchors a suite of products that includes the revised student manual and media resources featuring lecturettes as well as videos that demonstrate how the author works with clients from each of the theoretical approaches covered in the book.
- Author BiographyGerald Corey is Professor Emeritus of Human Services and Counseling at California State University at Fullerton. He received his doctorate in counseling from the University of Southern California. He is a Diplomate in Counseling Psychology, American Board of Professional Psychology; a licensed psychologist; and a National Certified Counselor. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association (Division 17, Counseling Psychology; and Division 49, Group Psychotherapy); a Fellow of the American Counseling Association; and a Fellow of the Association for Specialists in Group Work. Both Jerry and Marianne Corey received the Lifetime Achievement Award from the American Mental Health Counselors Association in 2011, and both also received the Eminent Career Award from ASGW in 2001. Dr. Corey was given the Outstanding Professor of the Year Award from California State University at Fullerton in 1991. He regularly teaches both undergraduate and graduate courses in group counseling and ethics in counseling. He is the author or coauthor of 15 textbooks in counseling currently in print, along with more than 60 journal articles and book chapters. In the past 40 years Jerry and Marianne Corey have conducted group counseling training workshops for mental health professionals at many universities in the United States as well as in Canada, Mexico, China, Hong Kong, Korea, Germany, Belgium, Scotland, England, and Ireland.
- Author(s)Gerald Corey
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1111 g
- Width208 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement10th edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $25.79Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.