Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
About this product
- DescriptionAn exposition of the derivation and use of equations of motion for two-phase flow. The approach taken derives the equations of motion using ensemble averaging, and compares them with those derived from control volume methods. Closure for dispersed flows is discussed, and some fundamental solutions are given. The work focuses on the fundamental aspects of two-phase flow, and is intended to give the reader a background for understanding the dynamics as well as a system of equations that can be used in predictions of the behavior of dispersed two-phase flows. The exposition in terms of ensemble averaging is new, and combining it with modern continuum mechanics concepts makes this book unique. Intended for engineering, mathematics and physics researchers and advanced graduate students working in the field.
- Author(s)Donald A. Drew,Stephen L. Passman
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/11/1998
- Series TitleApplied Mathematical Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.135
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white tables, biography
- Weight631 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.