Theory of Rank Tests by Pranab Kumar Sen, Jaroslav Hajek, Zbynek Sidak (Hardback, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $126.58+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $129.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe first edition of Theory of Rank Tests (1967) has been the precursor to a unified and theoretically motivated treatise of the basic theory of tests based on ranks of the sample observations. For more than 25 years, it helped raise a generation of statisticians in cultivating their theoretical research in this fertile area, as well as in using these tools in their application oriented research. The present edition t only aims to revive this classical text by updating the findings but also by incorporating several other important areas which were either t properly developed before 1965 or have gone through an evolutionary development during the past 30 years. This edition therefore aims to fulfill the needs of academic as well as professional statisticians who want to pursue nparametrics in their academic projects, consultation, and applied research works.
- Author BiographyZbynek Sidak was Chairman, Department of Probability and Statistics at the Mathematical Institute, Academy of Sciences, Czech Republic. He is now the principal research worker there. He has worked at various American universities as well. For 30 years, he was Editor of the journal Applications of Mathematics. His interests in statistics were rank tests, multivariate and cluster analysis, ranking and selection procedures, and Markov chains. Pranab K. Sen is Cary C. Boshamer Professor of Biostatistics and Statistics at the University of North Carolina, and is a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics and of the American Statistical Association. He is also an elected member of the International Statistical Institute.Prenab K. Sen is author or co-author of multiple volumes in Mathematical Statistics, Probability Theory and Biostatistics, and has published extensively in nonparametrics, multivariate and sequential analysis, and reliability and survival analysis. Jaroslav Hajek was Professor and Chairman, Department of Probability and Statistics at Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, and also a Visiting Professor at several American universities. His contributions to statistics are very profound, especially in rank test theory, survey sampling, estimation theory, and statistics in random processes. He died in 1974 at the age of 48.
- Author(s)Jaroslav Hajek,Pranab Kumar Sen,Zbynek Sidak
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication06/04/1999
- Series TitleProbability and Mathematical Statistics
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight760 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.