All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionTherapeutic antibody engineering examines all aspects of engineering moclonal antibodies and analyses the effect that various genetic engineering approaches will have on candidates of the future. Chapters in the first part of the book provide an introduction to moclonal antibodies, their discovery and development and the fundamental techlogies used in their production. In the following chapters, the book covers a number of specific issues relating to different aspects of antibody engineering, including variable chain engineering, targets and mechanisms of action, classes of antibody and the use of antibody fragments, among many other topics. The last part of the book examines development issues, the interaction of human IgGs with n-human systems, and cell line development, before a conclusion looking at future issues affecting the field of therapeutic antibody engineering.
- Author BiographyWilliam R. Strohl is Vice President of Biologics Research at the J&J Biotechnology Center of Excellence, and was a leader in Merck's efforts to develop therapeutic monoclonal antibodies, as well as in-licensing of therapeutic targets and technologies associated with monoclonal antibodies. He has over 100 publications and several patents, and has edited two books. Lila M. Strohl is a Member of the Association of Medical Illustrators and is a Certified Medical Illustrator. She has worked as Head of Medical Illustration at St Anthony Medical Center, Columbus, Ohio, and as a Medical Illustrator in the department of Biomedical Communications at Ohio State University.
- Author(s)Lila M. Strohl,William R. Strohl
- PublisherWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication16/10/2012
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Biomedicine
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 11
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1148 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine38 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.