All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.65Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionTherapeutic Communities for Psychosis offers a uniquely global insight into the renewed interest in the use of therapeutic communities for the treatment of psychosis, as complementary to pharmacological treatment. Within this edited volume contributors from around the world look at the range of treatment programmes on offer in therapeutic communities for those suffering from psychosis. Divided into three parts, the book covers: * the historical and philosophical background of therapeutic communities and the treatment of psychosis in this context * treatment settings and clinical models * alternative therapies and extended applications. This book will be essential reading for all mental health professionals, targeting readers from a number of disciplines including psychiatry, psychology, social work, psychotherapy and group analysis.
- Author BiographyJohn Gale is CEO of Community Housing and Therapy, a mental health charity specialising in therapeutic communities. He is a board member of ISPS UK, and was development editor and deputy editor of the journal Therapeutic Communities. Alba Realpe is the deputy manager at Mount Lodge, a therapeutic community in Eastbourne, run by Community Housing and Therapy. Enrico Pedriali is a physician, clinical psychologist, psychoanalytic psychotherapist and consultant in mental health institutions. He is a group analyst and past President of the Italian Association of Therapeutic Communities.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/05/2008
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Series TitleThe International Society for Psychological and Social Approaches to Psychosis Book Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note8 black & white illustrations, 5 black & white halftones
- Weight440 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byAlba Realpe,Enrico Pedriali,John Gale
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.