All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does coaching differ from my current work as a therapist? If I became a coach, what additional skills and expertise might I need? What sorts of markets might I work in and what sort of income could I expect? What are the implications if I decided to run a mixed practice of coaching and therapy/counselling? This book is written for qualified and experienced psychological therapists who are interested in what coaching may have to offer their clients or their practice. It considers what coaching is, the routes by which people have become coaches, the coaching client, coaching methods and the issues within running a mixed practice. This includes a thorough exploration of the points of difference between therapeutic and coaching models, including the nature of interventions, mind set of the coach and the structuring of the process. Aspects of therapeutic models which are inappropriate for coaching are highlighted as well as the elements which add a richness to it. There are examples of dialogue between coach and client and short case studies throughout the book which illustrate the coaching process and exemplify the 'voice of coaching'. Therapist into Coach provides key reading for psychotherapists, counsellors and psychologists who are thinking of widening the case mix of their practice, of moving into new markets or who want a different relationship with their clients. It will also help coaching trainers or coaching students understand the similarities and differences between coaching and counselling.
- Author BiographyJulia Vaughan Smith (M.A., D.I.H.P) is an experienced executive and leadership coach, organisational consultant and facilitator with a Coaching and Consultancy practice. Her career spans teaching, training, management, education & training policy, consultancy and psychotherapy. She is a member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council, Associate of the Institute of Management, Associate of Coaching Futures and Management Futures; and is a UKCP Registered Integrative Psychotherapist.
- Author(s)Smith Julia Vaughan
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleCoaching in Practice
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width60 mm
- Height90 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.