All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $95.49
- AU $19.03Trending at AU $21.99
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Jackson's epic take on JRR Tolkien's classic tale The Lord of the Rings has become a cinematic phemen - a trilogy filmed together, over eighteen months and with the cast becoming a close-knit family. Sean Astin is a veteran of over 30 movies, but knew that this would be different. Cast as Samwise Gamgee, Frodo's devoted friend, Sean lived the dream at first hand, even directing a film about the making of the trilogy for the DVD release of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. In There and Back Again, Sean shares his experiences of the time and his, as yet unheard and often controversial opinions on, among other things: The other cast members including Sir Ian McKellen, Orlando Bloom, Liv Tyler. The direction; The producers; The dangers on set; There and Back Again is a personal behind-the-scenes look at what it was like to be involved in making one of the biggest movie franchises of all time from one of the main actors on set.
- Author BiographySean Astin plays Samwise Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings trilogy and is a veteran of over 30 movies, including The Goonies, having successfully made the transition from child star to adult star. Joe Layden is a journalist and the author of over 30 books, including The Rock Says... (with the wrestling legend), which spent five months in the New York Times bestseller list.
- Author(s)Joe Layden,Sean Astin
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication23/09/2004
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirgin Books
- Out-of-print date03/02/2006
- Content Note8 colour illustrations & 8 b&w illustrations
- Weight655 g
- Width164 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine31 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.