All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.10Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionAn uneasy feeling has crept into the hearts of many Christians: a sense of being powerless in the face of rapid change, of disconnectedness from contemporary culture, and of living in a world of increasing chaos. Children and parents live according to different mental maps, justice appears irrelevant in court decisions, truths that were once considered absolute have dissolved, and moral standards have become as stable as quicksand. What is happening to Western civilization? We are experiencing a culture quake that is creating new demands on faith and the church. In this hard-hitting, revealing book, author and pastor Chuck Smith, Jr. explains this cultural shift in clear, compelling ways, demonstrating why old religious structures and systems lack meaning for post-modernists and mapping out new strategies for church ministry and personal faith witness. There is a Season will do more than open your eyes to what's going on around you. It will prepare you to be a vital member of a current Christian movement that will change the world.
- Author BiographyCHUCK SMITH, Assistant Professor of Political Science, West Virginia State College, has done considerable research on constitutional and judicial issues and on state government in New Mexico. Brian D. McLaren (MA, University of Maryland) is founding pastor of Cedar Ridge Community Church, an innovative, nondenominational church in the Baltimore-Washington region. He's also a senior fellow with emergent village(www.emergentvillage.org), a growing generative friendship of missional Christian leaders. He is the author of three best selling books on Emergent beliefs written in the form of fiction The Last Word and the Word after That; A New Kind of Christian: A Tale of Two Friends on a Spiritual Journey and The Story We Find Ourselves In: Further Adventures of a New Kind of Christian. Two books on Finding Faith, A Search for what is Real and A Search for What makes Sense Three books on Emergent evangelism and culture, More Ready than you Realise; The Church on the other side: Doing ministry in the Postmodern matrix, and A Is for Abductive: The Language of the Emerging Church Three books on Kingdom beliefs, A Generous Orthodoxy, The Secret Message of Jesus, and Everything must change: Jesus, Global Crisis and a Revolution of Hope. and a book on Emergent Spirituality Finding Our Way Again: The Return of the Ancient Practices .
- Author(s)Chuck Smith
- PublisherWaterbrook Press (A Division of Random House Inc)
- Date of Publication01/01/2005
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationColorado Springs
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWaterbrook Press (A Division of Random House Inc)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight360 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byJr.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.