All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionCoincidences of Time and Place; the meetings of strangers; moments of decision: these are the key elements of this Collection of Short Stories. They explore our relationship with the past and with the landscape, and the opportunities given to us to discover ourselves fully. Characters move in significant landscapes, whether that is the urban territories of London or the distinct countryside of Yorkshire, Northumberland or the Highlands of Scotland. The development of many of the stories is deeply rooted in the intersection of moment, person and place. Some explore the impact of controlling or abusive relationships, and the potential for escape. Others, the overshadowing of two World Wars and the social dislocation that was, and perhaps still is, their legacy. The past impregnates the present and from it characters draw resources of hope and courage: the Season of opportunity that is given to them.
- Author(s)Janet Killeen
- Date of Publication10/06/2013
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight202 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.