All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeon Forrest, acclaimed author of Divine Days, uses a remarkable verbal intensity to evoke human tragedy, injustice, and spirituality in his writing. As Toni Morrison has said, All of Forrest's vels explore the complex legacy of Afro-Americans. Like an insistent tide this history . . . swells and recalls America's past. . . . Brooding, hilarious, acerbic and profoundly valued life has more astute observer than Leon Forrest. All of that is on display here in two vels that give readers a breathtaking view of the human experience, filled with humor and pathos.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Chicago, Leon Forrest (1937-1997) taught English and African-American Studies at Northwestern University. He is the author of a collection of essays entitled The Furious Voice for Freedom, as well as numerous novels, including Two Wings to Veil My Face, winner of four literary awards, Divine Days, and Meteor in the Madhouse.
- Author(s)Leon Forrest
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication11/01/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePhoenix Fiction S.
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight260 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.37Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $68.55Trending at AU $73.71
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $56.63Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.07
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.