All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDavid is frightened of the sea. He does t like it at all, t one bit. But then one day he finds a conch shell at the beach and takes it home - and he hears the sea trapped inside. 'Come out, sea, come out,' he says softly. 'I won't hurt you.' This beautifully illustrated story by award winning author Margaret Wild captures the magic of a child's fantasy world.
- Author BiographyJane Tanner completed an Associate Diploma of Fine Art in Printmaking and Painting and a Diploma of Education. She taught for several years in Victorian secondary schools before taking up full-time illustrating in 1984. She is the acclaimed illustrator of the best-selling picture books There's a Sea in my Bedroom, Drac and the Gremlin, The Wolf, The Fisherman and the Theefyspray and Lucy's Cat and the Rainbow Birds. She is the author and illustrator of Playmates, Isabella's Secret, Ride with Me, Just Jack, Love from Grandma and Lilly and the Fairy House. She has won or been shortlisted for many prestigious awards, including the CBCA Book of the Year Awards in the categories of Picture Book of the Year, Younger Readers' and Early Childhood. This much-loved author/illustrator is one of Australia's outstanding picture-book creators.
- Author(s)Margaret Wild
- PublisherPenguin Books Australia
- Date of Publication01/06/1989
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitlePicture Puffin S.
- Place of PublicationHawthorn
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- Out-of-print date14/05/1992
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight103 g
- Width220 mm
- Height219 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jane Tanner
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Most relevant reviews
- monicageoff1302 May, 2015by
bought for kindergartenxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- crdonald09 Jul, 2012by
An awesome book, great value for money!
I love this book! I have just purchased my second copy for our grandson. We originally purchased it for our son many years ago. Our grandson was talking about hearing the ocean in a shell and I remembered this book. I look forward to reading it to him. It certainly encourages children to use their imaginations.
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.91
- AU $44.49Trending at AU $52.12
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.59
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $15.75
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.71