All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith entertaining examples of just about every type of poem kwn to man, and wonderful illustrations, Gervase Phinn's new collection of poems for children makes poetry fun and thought-provoking. Cautionary verses, limericks, rhymes, conversation poems and free verse jump off the page in this hilarious book. It offers great fun to read aloud or keep children entertained quietly for hours. It is a fantastic collection from Yorkshire's best-loved poet and storyteller.
- Author BiographyGervase Phinn leads a very full and active life: a bestselling author and poet, teacher, freelance lecturer, educational consultant, school inspector, visiting professor of education and, last but by no means least, father of four. The majority of his time is spent in schools with teachers and children. He is best known for his autobiographical accounts of his time as a school inspector in the Yorkshire Dales, which have been likened to James Herriot's books.
- Author(s)Gervase Phinn
- PublisherAndersen Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2010
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndersen Press Ltd
- Content NoteBlack and white throughout
- Weight73 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tony Ross
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.11
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.55
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $31.69
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.69
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $53.41
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.