Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionPhase-change thermal energy storage devices offer thermal control systems an option that allows a smaller heat sink to be used by absorbing the thermal energy quickly and storing it in the phase change to prevent failure of electronic components and then slowly releasing the heat to the heat sink. This paper experimentally determined the transient response of carbon foam with a phase-change material by measuring the response to a step temperature input to test samples. The transient response was recorded until steady state was reached. An analytic response was created and compared against the measured response. A simplified analytic prediction of the transient response was developed by using an energy balance. This approximation was then compared against the experimental results.
- Author(s)Kevin W Wierschke
- Date of Publication21/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.