Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $229.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis edition of Thermodynamics is a thoroughly revised, streamlined, and cor- rected version of the book of the same title, first published in 1975. It is intended for students, practicing engineers, and specialists in materials sciences, metallur- gical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, electrochemistry, and related fields. The present edition contains many additional numerical examples and prob- lems. Greater emphasis is put on the application of thermodynamics to chemical, materials, and metallurgical problems. The SI system has been used through- out the textbook. In addition, a floppy disk for chemical equilibrium calculations is enclosed inside the back cover. It contains the data for the elements, oxides, halides, sulfides, and other irganic compounds. The subject material presented in chapters III to XIV formed the basis of a thermodynamics course offered by one of the authors (R.G. Reddy) for the last 14 years at the University of Nevada, Re. The subject matter in this book is based on a minimum number of laws, axioms, and postulates. This procedure avoids unnecessary repetitions, often encountered in books based on historical sequence of development in thermodynamics. For example, the Clapeyron equation, the van't Hoff equation, and the Nernst distribution law all refer to the Gibbs energy changes of relevant processes, and they need t be presented as radically different relationships.
- Author(s)N. A. Gokcen,R. G. Reddy
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/06/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.