All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
About this product
- DescriptionThermodynamics is a well-established discipline of physics for properties of matter in thermal equilibrium with the surroundings. Applying to crystals, however, the laws encounter undefined properties of crystal lattice, which therefore need to be determined for a clear and well-defined description of crystalline states. Thermodynamics of Crystalline States explores the roles played by order variables and dynamic lattices in crystals in a wholly new way. The book begins by clarifying basic concepts for stable crystals. Next, binary phase transitions are discussed to study collective motion of order variables, as described mostly as classical phemena. New to this edition is the examination of magnetic crystals, where magnetic symmetry is essential for magnetic phase transitions. The multi-electron system is also discussed theoretically, as a quantum-mechanical example, for superconductivity in metallic crystals. Throughout the book, the role played by the lattice is emphasized and studied in-depth. Thermodynamics of Crystalline States is an introductory treatise and textbook on mesoscopic phemena in solid states, constituting a basic subject in condensed matter physics. While this book serves as a guide for advanced students in physics and material science, it can also be useful as a reference for all professionals in related fields. Miru Fujimoto is author of Physics of Classical Electromagnetism (Springer, 2007) and The Physics of Structural Phase Transitions (Springer, 2005).
- Author BiographyMinoru Fujimoto, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada, email@example.com
- Author(s)Minoru Fujimoto
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/06/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight444 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.