All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the second edition of the book Thermodynamics of Fluids under Flow, which was published in 2000 and has w been corrected, expanded and updated. This is a companion book to our other title Extended irreversible thermodynamics (D. Jou, J. Casas-Vazquez and G. Lebon, Springer, 4th edition 2010), and of the textbook Understanding n-equilibrium thermodynamics (G. Lebon, D. Jou and J. Casas-Vazquez, Springer, 2008. The present book is more specialized than its counterpart, as it focuses its attention on the n-equilibrium thermodynamics of flowing fluids, incorporating n-trivial thermodynamic contributions of the flow, going beyond local equilibrium theories, i.e., including the effects of internal variables and of external forcing due to the flow. Whereas the book's first edition was much more focused on polymer solutions, with brief glimpses into ideal and real gases, the present edition covers a much wider variety of systems, such as: diluted and concentrated polymer solutions, polymer blends, laminar and turbulent superfluids, phon hydrodynamics and heat transport in nasystems, nuclear collisions, far-from-equilibrium ideal gases, and molecular solutions. It also deals with a variety of situations, emphasizing the n-equilibrium flow contribution: temperature and entropy in flowing ideal gases, shear-induced effects on phase transitions in real gases and on polymer solutions, stress-induced migration and its application to flow chromatography, Taylor dispersion, amalous diffusion in flowing systems, the influence of the flow on chemical reactions, and polymer degradation. The new edition is t only broader in scope, but more educational in character, and with more emphasis on applications, in keeping with our times. It provides many examples of how a deeper theoretical understanding may bring new and more efficient applications, forging links between theoretical progress and practical aims. This updated version expands on the trusted content of its predecessor, making it more interesting and useful for a larger audience.
- Author(s)David Jou,Jose Casas-Vazquez,Manuel Criado-Sancho
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight492 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.