Thermoplastic Material Selection: A Practical Guide by Eric R. Larson (Hardback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $204.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $139.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $42.94
- AU $19.58Trending at AU $22.53
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.11
- AU $43.32Trending at AU $48.72
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.61
- AU $11.00Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $21.96Trending at AU $24.99
About this product
- DescriptionThermoplastic Material Selection: A Practical Guide presents current information on how proper material selection is a critical component of any manufactured product. The text is a practical guide to a difficult process, giving the reader a fundamental grounding in thermoplastic materials and providing the tools they need to save time, money, and frustration. The book provides an overview of the most commonly used thermoplastic materials, including discussions of the different chemical families, plastics categories, and material grades - and the implications of these differences on the material selection process. It provides fresh insights on the traditional methods of material selection based on performance and cost, and also discusses the use of n-traditional methods based on subjective evaluation. Subsequent sections include references on tools that can be used to conduct further exploration, how to accurately select the most suitable material, writing an effective material specification, and working with material suppliers and distributors.
- Author BiographyEric R. Larson is a mechanical engineer with over thirty years experience in plastics design. He has helped developed products ranging from boogie boards, water basketball games, and SCUBA diving equipment to disposable lighters, cell phones, and hand-held medical devices. A graduate of The University of Michigan, Eric spent his early career in the sporting goods industry before spending 10 years working for DuPont Engineering Plastics, where he provided expertise on material selection and plastic part design to a select group of major manufacturers. For the past twenty years he has worked as a consulting engineer, helping companies bridge the gap between development and production. Some of the products he has helped bring to market include washing machines for Whirlpool, power tools for Skil(R), cell phones for Motorola and Nokia, and the Humalog(R) / Humulin(R) insulin pen for Eli Lilly. In 2006 he founded Art of Mass Production, an engineering consulting company based in San Diego, California. AMP provides services to manufacturing companies in the consumer electronics, wireless, and medical device industries. Eric is also moderator of the blog site plasticsguy.com, where he writes about plastics technology, and its effect on people and the planet. His newest book Thermoplastic Materials Selection: A Practical Guide is scheduled for release in 2015.
- Author(s)Eric R. Larson
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication06/05/2015
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Series TitlePlastics Design Library
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight760 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.