These Few Precious Days: The Final Year of Jack with Jackie by Christopher Andersen (Hardback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.28+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $12.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $26.06Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $37.10Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $29.30Trending at AU $31.81
- AU $70.85Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.39
- AU $19.05Trending at AU $23.14
About this product
- DescriptionThe New York Times bestselling author presents the most famous couple in the world in their last year together, answering lingering questions about this still-mesmerizing marriage. The days dwindle down, to a precious few . . . --from September Song, JFK's favorite They were the original power couple-- outlandishly rich, impossibly attractive, and endlessly fascinating. Now, in this rare, behind-the-scenes portrait of the Kenne-dys in their final year together, #1 New York Times bestselling biographer Christopher Andersen shows us a side of JFK and Jackie we've never seen before. Tender, intimate, complex, and, at times, explosive, theirs is a love story unlike any other--filled with secrets, scandals, and bomb-shells that could never be fully revealed . . . until w. Including: - Stunning new details about the Kennedys' rumored affairs--hers as well as his--and how they ultimately overcame all odds to save their marriage - The president's many premonitions of his own death, and how he repeatedly tried to pull out of his last fateful trip to Dallas - Shocking revelations about how the couple, unaware of the dangers, became dependent on amphetamine injections, the real reason-- according to his longtime personal physician-- for JFK's torious libido, and how the White House hid his many serious medical problems from the public - How the tragic death of their infant son Patrick led to an emotional outpouring from the president that surprised even their closest friends--and brought JFK and Jackie closer than they had ever been - Touching firsthand accounts of the family's most private moments, before and after the assassination Drawing on hundreds of interviews conducted with the Kennedys' inner circle--from family members and lifelong friends to key advisors and political confidantes--Andersen takes us deeper inside the world of the president and his first lady than ever before. Unsparing yet sym-pathetic, bigger than life but all too real, These Few Precious Days captures the ups and downs of a marriage, a man, and a woman, the memories of which will continue to fascinate and inspire for generations to come.
- Author(s)Christopher Andersen
- PublisherGallery Books
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGallery Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.