All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis eminently readable book, poignant and humorous, quickly draws the reader into the scholastic world of high school students. Based on classroom observation and over 100 interviews, this study is a fascinating look at the challenges in getting middle-class adolescents to engage with their high school education. They Always Test Us On Things We Haven't Read offers a refreshing perspective on the mainstream American high school experience. It sends a powerful message to those interested in making curriculum more interesting and engaging. The book will appeal largely to teachers, but the clarity and depth of the text also make it valuable for anyone interested in school reform.
- Author BiographyKathleen Waldron Gershman is Professor of Educational Foundations and Research at the University of North Dakota. Professor Gershman holds an Ed.D in Teaching, Curriculum, and Learning Environments from the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- Author(s)Kathleen Waldron Gershman
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication11/11/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHamilton Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight267 g
- Width155 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.