Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.76
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $10.43Trending at AU $11.81
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.08
- AU $23.95Trending at AU $28.81
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $31.95
About this product
- DescriptionZoe, a Puggle, and her owner, Kate, are best friends. They share everything, even their food. After visiting the veterinarian, the doctor informs Zoe and Kate that Zoe is overweight for a puppy. Fat Zoe needs to go on a diet or else she will be at risk for health issues in the future. Upon learning this, Kate gets upset and confesses to her mom that the kids at school call her Fatso too and do not want to be her friend. Kate and her mom decide to tell the teacher, Mrs. Lopez, about Kate's situation. With Mrs. Lopez's help and the doctor's suggestions for a healthy eating and exercise plan, Kate and her family, Zoe, and friends begin to live healthier, happier lives. Dr. Don Martin, Dr. Magy Martin and Dr. Paige Krabill create a fun story through the viewpoint of a loveable puppy that confronts the difficulties of childhood obesity. At the end of the book, the authors provide suggestions and activities for children, parents and school administrators to help live wholesome lifestyles and prevent obesity.
- Author BiographyDr. Don Martin has been a licensed psychologist in private practice for over twenty-five years. He received his Master's Degree from Radford University in VA and his Ph.D. from North Texas State University, TX. He is the coordinator of the school counseling graduate program at Youngstown State University in OH and a fellow of the American Psychotherapy Association. Dr. Magy Martin is a clinical psychologist in private practice and with her husband Don, has written over sixty research articles and four books. She received her Ed.D. from the University of Tulsa, OK and her Masters Degree from Colorado state University, CO. She resides with her husband Don in Beaver, PA. Dr. Paige Krabill has been a licensed school psychologist and director of special education services for several school districts. She is on the faculty of Cappella University in Minneapolis, MN. Dr. Krabill holds a Psy.D. from Miami Institute of Psychology. She lives in Minneapolis, MN.
- Author(s)Don Martin,Magy Martin,Paige Krabill
- PublisherNew Horizon Press Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/06/2012
- SubjectPre-school & Early Learning
- Series TitleLet's Talk
- Place of PublicationFall Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Horizon Press Publishers Inc.,U.S.
- Content NoteColor illustrations throughout
- Weight114 g
- Width178 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kathy Voerg
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Picture book
- Interest AgeFrom 4
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.