All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.88Trending at AU $23.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $52.43
About this product
- DescriptionMiracles Still Happen! They Called Her Mom is a story of how God used Marilyn and Richard to start a home for street kids that society had rejected. In the fall of 1997, they gave up the comfort of life in the U.S. to minister to homeless, abused kids on the streets of Acapulco. They just wanted to serve the Lord and help desperate children one seemed to care about. But nine years later, in the spring of 2006, they were on the run like fugitives. Facing the prospect of being unjustly imprisoned in a squalid Mexican jail by corrupt officials, they slipped away from the home they'd established for street kids and were making a run for the Texas border, more than 1,000 miles to the rth, praying that the Mexican police were t on their trail. They hadn't been able to say goodbye to the dozens of kids who thought of them as Mom and Dad, fearing they might inadvertently say something to tip off the police. It broke their hearts to leave like that. Those deeply wounded youngsters had been abandoned by their parents, or had run away and were living on the streets to avoid beatings and sexual abuse at home. Without anyone to care for or protect them, they were easy prey for every kind of criminal, predator and pervert. Many sold their bodies to survive, and because they were young and vulnerable, their bodies were often abused without their permission. Sniffing glue solvent, smoking marijuana and using other drugs was their only escape from the cruel streets. They were suspicious of the Apfels and wary at first - afraid they'd abuse and reject them as their own parents had, or exploit and degrade them like the adults they'd met on the streets. It took a great deal of time and patience on their part, along with abundant measures of God's grace, for them to gradually come to love and trust these people from the United States. Now they had to leave and wouldn't be able to say good-bye. Would the workers they trained be able to love them as they had done? Had they done eugh or was there more? How had things come to this? You will discover: The power of God's love to change the lives of troubled youth. How God's presence can bring about miracles. How angel visitations changed tough situations How an audible voice of God saved the Apfel's from going to jail.
- Author(s)Marilyn Apfel,Richard Apfel
- Date of Publication09/01/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.