Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.33Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.24Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $73.79Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $40.75Trending at AU $42.35
About this product
- DescriptionThis single-volume work covers many traditions, customs, and activities Westerners may find unusual or shocking, covering everything from the Ashanti people's funeral celebrations to wife-carrying competitions in Finland. * Provides a unique global perspective via content from 48 authors currently working, living, or traveling in most continents of the world * Supplies interdisciplinary points of view by incorporating aspects of religion, food, festivals, history, social practices, funeral traditions, and grand community celebrations * Serves to highlight distinct cultural differences while also enabling readers to discover how much people have in common and to consider how certain American traditions might seem strange to people from outside the United States
- Author BiographyJavier A. Galvan, PhD, is professor of Spanish and history at Santa Ana College. His published work includes ABC-CLIO's Culture and Customs of Bolivia.
- Date of Publication19/06/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSanta Barbara
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note50
- Weight998 g
- Width180 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byJavier A. Galvan
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.