All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionHored as a Best Poetry Book of the Year by Publishers Weekly The book's a little crazy, packed with air quotes and brackets, jokes and condemnations, forms that explode across the page. Crazily eugh, it's also packed with truth. --NPR The voice of this third book from Bibbins is marked and numbed by the onslaught of American media and politics that saturate the Internet, television, radio, and smartphone: 'the way things are going, children/ will have to upgrade to more amusing.' Much like advertisements or news stories vying for viewer's attention, the book intentionally overwhelms, eschewing sections; the author instead differentiates the poems by repetition, creating a sort of echo chamber, similar to the way viral information cycles through social media platforms. --Publishers Weekly, starred review [A] hilarious send-up of contemporary values and an alarm bell of sorts, directing attention to all that is so sinister in our civilization. --American Poets Whip-smart and wickedly funny, They Don't Kill You is Bibbins's most authoritative and self-possessed collection to date. --Boston ReviewThe poems in Mark Bibbins's breakthrough third book are formally invative and socially alert. Roving across the weird human landscape of modern politics, media-exacerbated absurdity, and questionable social conventions, this collection counters dread with wit, chaos with clarity, and reminds us that suffering is small//compared to what? Mark Bibbins teaches in the graduate writing programs at The New School and Columbia University, and edits the poetry section of The Awl. He lives in New York City.
- Author BiographyMark Bibbins is the author of The Dance of No Hard Feelings; The Anxiety of Coincidence, a digital-only chapbook; and Sky Lounge, which received a Lambda Literary Award. He teaches in the graduate writing programs at The New School, where he co-founded LIT magazine, and at Columbia University. Bibbins is the editor of the poetry section of The Awl and the recipient of a New York Foundation for the Arts fellowship in poetry. His poems have appeared in Poetry, The Paris Review, Boston Review, Tin House, The Best American Poetry, and Legitimate Dangers: American Poets of the New Century.
- Author(s)Mark Bibbins
- PublisherCopper Canyon Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleLannan Literary Selections
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCopper Canyon Press
- Weight204 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.