All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.65Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionThey Got It Wrong: Science tells the fascinating story behind 50 erroneous scientific theories and gives incredible perspective on how the way we view the workings of the world has evolved throughout history. This book is the perfect gift for anyone with an interest in our scientific history. It exposes the theories that were once widely regarded as facts but have since been proven to be complete science fiction. From such seemingly crazy ideas as the body being composed of only four things black and yellow bile, blood, and phlegm to the discovery of disaur bones being accepted as the bones of giants killed in the great flood from Biblical times. They Got It Wrong: Science tells the fascinating story behind 50 erroneous scientific theories and gives incredible perspective on how the way we view the workings of the world has evolved throughout history.
- Author BiographyGRAEME DONALD is the author of nine books about popular misconceptions and the meaning of words. He has written for many newspapers and had a column about word origins in the Today newspaper for over ten years.
- Author(s)Graeme Donald
- PublisherReader's Digest Association
- Date of Publication21/03/2013
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleThey Got It Wrong
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintReader's Digest Association
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width132 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.