All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionPublished by Viking in 1991 and issued as a paperback through Penguin Books in 1992, Sw White became an instant classic for both academic and general audiences interested in how women use humor and what others (men) think about funny women. Barreca, who draws on the work of scholars, writers, and comedians to illuminate a sharp critique of the gender-specific aspects of humor, provides laughs and provokes arguments as she shows how humor helps women break rules and occupy center stage. Barreca's new introduction provides a funny and fierce, up-to-the-minute account of the fate of women's humor over the past twenty years, mapping what has changed in our culture-and questioning what hasn't.
- Author BiographyGINA BARRECA, professor of English and feminist theory at the University of Connecticut, is the author or editor of over twenty books, including Make Mine a Double: Why Women Like Us Like to Drink (or Not).
- Author(s)Gina Barreca
- PublisherUniversity Press of New England
- Date of Publication14/05/2013
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationHanover
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of New England
- Weight318 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.