Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.37Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.12Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.50Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionOn 10 July 1944, Lt. Jim Flowers led a platoon of four Sherman tanks to the aid of a battalion of infantry that was surrounded by elite German paratroopers on the summit of Hill 122 in one of the fiercest battles of the Normandy campaign. His tanks succeeded in breaking the Nazi defenses and leading a company off the hill, with the rest of the battalion to follow. Soon, however, all four tanks were kcked out, with three of them going up in flames. For Flowers, the ordeal was just beginning. Nine of the 20 crew members were killed, several wounded and two were both wounded and captured. For Flowers, the ordeal was just beginning. This is the story of that battle as told in the words of several survivors of his platoon.
- Author BiographyAaron Elson has been recording the stories of World War 2 veterans for more than 20 years. He is the founder of several web sites including tankbooks.com, audiomurphy.com and kasselmission.com, as well as the creater of World War II Oral History Audiobooks. His books include A Mile In Their Shoes: Conversations With Veterans of World War II, Nine Lives: An Oral History, and Tanks for the Memories: An Oral History of the 712th Tank Battalion in World War II.
- Author(s)Aaron Elson
- Date of Publication15/09/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight299 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.