CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.24Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionBalint Abady is forced to part the beautiful and unhappily married Adrienne Uzdy. Laszlo Gyeroffy is rapidly heading for self-destruction through drink and his own feckleness. The politicians, quarrelling among themselves and stubbornly igring their countrymen's real needs, are still pursuing their vendetta with Habsburg rule from Vienna. Meanwhile they fail to tice how the Great Powers - through such events as Austria's annexation of Bosnia-Herzegovina in 1908 - are moving ever closer to the conflagration of 1914-1918 that will destroy their world forever.
- Author BiographyMiklos Banffy (1873-1950) was variously a diplomat, MP and foreign minister in 1921-22 when he signed the peace treaty with the United States and obtained Hungary's admission to the League of Nations. He was responsible for organizing the last Habsburg coronation, that of King Karl in 1916.
- Author(s)Miklos Banffy
- PublisherArcadia Books
- Date of Publication07/05/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArcadia Books
- Out-of-print date19/08/2016
- Content Notefrontispiece
- Weight499 g
- Width138 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Translated byPatrick Thursfield,Countess Banffy-Jelen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.