All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.74Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe French artist Thierry Boissel creates his glass art in an exciting dialogue with the surroundings and in the context of architecture. His subtle works, created for specific locations, move between the concrete and the abstract and have a multilayered effect on the surrounding space. They interact sensitively with their location whilst at the same time taking their history and function into account. Furthermore they create poetic illuminated spaces, rich in memories and connections, which are constantly transforming according to the incidence of light. Boissel thereby often works and experiments with glass that is manipulated whilst hot or with enamel, so as to create multilayered works of specific densities and depths. Whether figurative or abstract, artistically gestural or geometrically constructive: his glass art appears to be in constant movement through its interplay with light, showing its versatility in the tension between the visible and the invisible. Accompanies an exhibition at the Centre International du Vitrail, Chartres, France, from 21st April to 30th September 2012.
- Author BiographyThierry Boissel (born in 1962) has been since 1991 heading the study Workshop for Glass painting, Light and Mosaic at the Academy of Fine Arts in Munich.
- Author(s)August Heuser,Christine Jung
- Date of Publication27/06/2012
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationStuttgart
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note120 Colour
- Weight930 g
- Width200 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.